The clients, a non-governmental organization, wanted an office building at the lowest possible cost. The building was also to serve as a model to demonstrate the use of various environment friendly systems.
- The building is designed to be climatically efficient with materials that have low embodied energy. The main hall, a bamboo structure, demonstrates the use of a sustainable resource.
- The structure is oriented with its longer side along the East and West axis, and is partially sunk to minimize solar heat gain.
- The walls of the computer room are built with stabilized mud blocks low embodied energy.
- The roofing with ferro-cement channels is an efficient construction system.
- Large windows provide adequate ventilation in the humid climate.
- The remaining areas are housed under a structure made of bamboo sheets on a bamboo truss all sustainable resources.
- Locally available pebbles were used for the flooring.
- The energy source for the building is partly from photovoltaic panels, a green energy source.